Avery County High School will be performing Grease for their spring 2016 musical.
Answering questions people have for girls with short hair.
I was told a lot of things before I came to college, but I didn’t realize how true many of them actually were before I got here.
- “You stay sick all the time.” I heard about this in a YouTube video, and remember thinking how it couldn’t be true because I hardly ever got sick at home. So far, I’ve had walking pneumonia twice and a horrible stomach virus. Colleges are just a breeding ground for germs.
- “It’s not like the movies. It won’t always be fun.” I actually had a conversation about this with my roommate the other day. We came to the consensus that unless you’re just in school to party, college is mostly not that fun with occasional fun moments.
- “Seasonal depression is real.” Winter hit me hard this year, and it felt like school would never end. Now that the weather has started perking up and everything is turning green, I feel so much more hopeful about school.
- “Freshman 15 will get you.” I haven’t gotten the freshman 15, but I have realized how careful you have to be when you decide your own meals all the time. Also, snacking is dangerous.
- “You have a lot of free time, but it won’t really be free.” The average student carries about 15 credit hours which doesn’t sound like that much. Once you factor in studying, reading, writing papers, and working on projects, you’re looking at at least double the amount of hours you have on paper.